It’s my favourite Disney movie of all time that has its own epic stage adaptation. The Lion King opened on Broadway in 1997 and has now been seen by more than 100 million people worldwide. You’ll find lots of ways to get tickets to The Lion King in Manchester below.
Fun Facts about The Lion King Musical
Simba’s challenging adventure from child to King is relived through decorative masks, life-like puppets, rich backgrounds and colourful costumes. It’s a feast for the eyes and ears as African culture is brought to life on stage.
- Worldwide gross exceeds any film or Broadway show in box office history.
- Julie Taymor became the first woman to win the Tony Award® for Best Director of a Musical.
- Won 6 Tony Awards including best musical and costume design.
- Film score was expanded and now features 15 songs.
- Sixth longest running West End musical of all time.
- Performed in nine different languages across the world.
- Cast of more than 50 actors, singers and dancers.
- 6 African languages sung or spoken in the musical.
- 232 puppets feature in the show.
Love a Disney musical like me? Make sure you check out my review of Matilda.
When is it coming to Manchester?
The Lion King musical is coming to the Palace Theatre in Manchester from 22 October 2020 – 21 January 2021.
How to get your paws on tickets
General tickets go on sale from 8am on Thursday 6 Febraury 2020. Buy Lion King tickets from ATG.
How to get pre-sale tickets
Vodaphone customers will be the first to access pre-sale tickets through the My Vodaphone app at 8am on Friday 31 January 2020.
ATG Card holders and Groups members will be able to purchase tickets from 8am on Monday 3 February.
ATG and Disney sign up list priority can buy tickets from 8am on Tuesday 4 February 2020.
So what are you waiting for? I can’t recommend this musical enough. It’s one of the most entertaining and exciting shows out there.
You can also buy tickets to see The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre in London. Tickets from £35.
Get the orginal broadway cast recording from Amazon.